Quality – Your demand / Our tradition
“Our team works with heart and mind on your solutions. Quality and customer satisfaction are our focus. Logistics and forwarding are more than just transports for us. We organise pre-carriage and on-carriage, distribution, cost minimisation, interim storage and protection against climatic influences.
Our customised solutions meet the highest standards. Trust our expertise for seamless and efficient logistics. We are happy to support you.”
- Very short internal communication and decision-making channels at ESF due to the medium-sized, entrepreneur-led structure with a flat hierarchy.
- A competent decision-making contact is always available to you
- Binding answers within the shortest possible time
- No ties to shipping companies or other carriers.
- No own trucks, no conflict of objectives with the utilisation requirements of an own fleet.
- Choice of carriers/purchase of transports solely according to economic efficiency and customer interest in speed, protection of cargo and other quality aspects of the transport service
- Loyal to our customers
- Conscientious in the interest of our clients
- Our word counts
Forwarding agency since 1936
1856: Foundation of Ludwig Schröder as a forwarding and warehousing company
1932: Foundation of the company Friedrich Ellmers
1948: Foundation of TLS
70er Jahre: Fusion of Ludwig Schröder and Friedrich Ellmers
1980: Renamed in ESF – Friedrich Ellmers Shipping and Forwarding GmbH
2000: Klaus Wolthoff becomes Honorary Consul
2003: Integration of TLS into the ESF company
2007: Entering the solar business
2017: Construction of the first warehouse in August-Horch-Str.
2018: Strategic expansion of wool business
2019: Completion of the second construction phase (second warehouse) in August-Horch-Str.
2020: Expansion through use of Riedemannstrasse
2021: Closure of the Honorary Consulate of Sudan
2023: Agreement on the long-term use of Riedemannstrasse